“Always look on the (b)right side of life”
Mariette Lhoëst is a highly experienced and dedicated lawyer and registered mediator, whose aim is always to find justice.
During her law studies she was active as a pro bono consultant at the legal advice centre Leidse Rechtswinkel in the city of Leiden for several years, where she also chaired the Employment Law division.
She subsequently worked as a lawyer/tax specialist and mediator at the firm ABAB accountants and advisers for about 12.5 years. She rendered advice, wrote articles for publication and provided many lectures, which included discourses in the field of family law and inheritance law and in the field of the transfer and division of businesses.
In 1999 she made a switch from the accounting firm to actually practising law, while continuing her work as a mediator. The recurrent theme in her practice is formed by family issues.
Within SMEs, the agricultural sector and for private individuals, she particularly concerns herself with complex, family issues, especially divorce/termination of cohabitation, inheritance law, divisions/terminations of partnerships and business transfers.
- Leiden University: Dutch law
- Tilburg University: Tax law
- Bar Association: vFAS specialist course family law
- Bar Association: vFAS specialist course lawyer-divorce mediator
- CVC – the Dutch centre for conflict management: conflict mediator course
- Member of the Dutch association of family law counsels and divorce mediators (vFAS)
- Registered with the Dutch mediation federation (MfN)
- Community mediator