A.M.L. (Marie-Louise) van As, LL.M., Attorney-at-Law
‘The job is only done if the result is really good’
Marie-Louise van As started off in the general practice. Fairly soon after her start as a lawyer she became interested in family law. She soon turned that interest into a specialty. Since a few years Marie-Louise has been exclusively active in the field of family law, where she acquired much expertise by acting for one party. In doing so she aims at a solution-oriented approach, but she is not afraid of entering into a discussion with the other party. The human aspect of the case is of central importance for her. Marie-Louise shows much empathy when communicating with her clients but can also take a critical point of view where that is in the interest of the case. Providing customised solutions is important to Marie-Louise, and nothing is left to coincidence. She feels challenged in particular by complex legal issues that require decisive acting. Marie-Louise is pre-eminently capable of identifying and analysing the legal and tax aspect of the cases in question. In doing so she can rely on her network of financial advisors, tax lawyers and business valuators.
After having attended the specialty training in family law of the vFAS, Marie-Louise attended the training for divorce mediation.
- Dutch law: European law and criminal law at Utrecht University and Nottingham University (United Kingdom).
- vFAS specialty training in family law
- vFAS basic training lawyer – divorce mediator
- Currently attending: vFas specialty training lawyer – divorce mediator
Ancillary positions / Memberships
- candidate member of the Dutch association of family law lawyers and divorce mediators (vFAS)
- Registermediator Mediatorsfederatie Nederland (MfN)
- Board of Theatre and Arts Centre De Kom in Nieuwegein
- Member Recruitment Committee Business Club De Nieuwe Nieuwegein